It is officially deep winter cold. My outdoor thermometer on my alarm clock froze last night. I woke up to a temperature reading of LL - I assumed that to mean too cold to get out of bed! Too bad I had no choice! And there was Ashley, in her summer pajama's - completely comfortable. I don't know where these kids get their warm metabolism from!
This Saturday Jim really blessed us and plowed a huge portion of the lake along with a nice path for skating. We had some friends join us and skated, BBQ'd hot dogs on the lake and enjoyed a lovely, warm bonfire. The men played a bit of hockey - and most seemed no worse for the wear the day after. It was the most wonderful day I could imagine! Spending time with precious friends and enjoying some winter fun!
Christopher fell in love with hockey - and Ashley spent the entire time knee deep in the snow. All of the children had so much fun and we were outside for 5 hours with not one request to come in! Quite amazing.
On the baby front, we are still waiting. Our birthmom had a Dr.'s appt. today, and although she lost her mucus plug last weekend, she is not dilated one bit! So, we wait. We are praying that she goes into labor before Feb. 3 or after the 7th as airline tickets in this date range are double the price because of SuperBowl in Dallas, and some flights are Sold Out already!! The rental car agency also warned us that we may not be able to get a vehicle if we don't book in advance for those dates.... so we are trusting the Lord for some impeccable timing on this one!!
Keep Warm Everyone!!
